Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Hair Care Essentials

Hi loves 

About 2 weeks ago, I shared the products that I use in My Face Routine, which a lot of you seemed to love. So this week I decided to share all of my hair care essentials and the secrets that I have to getting shiny, healthy looking hair. Since I have a very full & thick head of hair, my hair tends to be super voluminous. The funny thing is, I always see commercials marketing products that will give you volume, but in my case, I need a product that won't give my hair so much weight or make it bigger than it already is. So this past Friday after showering, I decided to try some new products in my hair. The result when I woke up the next morning was shiny, soft and oh so light (thick haired gals will understand my awe)! I thought that I would share the products that I used and some tips, so here we go!

Hair Products


This product is definitely a must-have for me! It smells amazing and leaves your hair feeling and looking silky soft and healthy. I got the travel size because it was the only one available at the store I purchased it from, but a little bit goes a long way!


I've probably had this same product for about a year now, but then again, I haven't been using it regularly until now. I love it though because it keeps your hair smelling fresh and feeling very healthy.

3. Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Shampoo- $4

As you can tell, I have used this product up!  I really love this collection, especially the fact that it has 0% Silicone!

4. Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Conditioner- $4

As I stated before, I am in love with this collection. It smells like roses & heaven. 

Hair Care Tips
  1. Stop showering with hot water! Yes, it feels good, but hot water tends to strip the natural oils from your hair leaving it dry and brittle. Next time you shower, opt for a cooler temperature.
  2. Make sure to thoroughly massage your scalp when washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner to insure complete cleanliness and full use of the product.
  3. Let your hair air dry! All the strain brought on by towel drying your hair can cause it to break while blow drying your hair actually dries it out and damages it. I suggest gently wringing out the water in your hair and then blotting it with a towel so it isn't drenching wet.
  4. Apply your hair products while your hair is damp. If you apply them while your hair is too wet, it won't work to its full effect and if your hair is too dry, you need to be cautious of how much product you use so your hair doesn't appear oily, depending on the product.
  5. Drink lots of water, I cannot stress this enough! Water is an essential to glowing skin and healthy hair, it also provides a lot of other benefits as well. I like to keep a 16 ounce glass water bottle, like this one, with me at all times so I can just refill it when its empty to make sure I'm drinking at least 100 ounces a day.
What hair products do you swear by? Also, let me know if you have any hair care tips!

Xoxo, Bianca


Follow Me On:
Twitter ♥
Instagram ♥
Tumblr ♥
Pinterest ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment