Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Now Trending: NAKED


Hi guys!

Getty Images
Lately, there has been lots of talk over the gown that Rihanna wore to the CFDA Awards a couple of weeks ago and whether or not it was appropriate. Although I feel that I am very late on this topic, I think that it's very interesting and it needs to be addressed. First of all, I need to say that RiRi looks absolutely stunning and if anyone could pull of a "naked" dress, it would definitely be her. Now that's not to say that I didn't feel caught-off guard when I first saw her look. To be completely honest, when I first scrolled past a pic of her in that dress on Tumblr, my first reaction was "What the hell?". However, I then thought about the look and came to the realization that my reaction was completely out of envy. Yes, I admit, sometimes I tend to downgrade things just because of my own insecurities, I mean, I think that we all do that from time to time. So after I got past all my personal issues, I really started admiring Rihanna for being confident enough to show her body off like that in such a gorgeous gown. I think that wearing dresses to feel a little sexy is good and helps build up your confidence, after all, our bodies are perfect the way they are and we shouldn't be ashamed to show them off. So props to Rihanna. Oh, and did I mention that the custom made dress has 216,000 Swarovski crystals implanted on to it! 


Now Rihanna may have started the "Naked" Trend, but we saw one other celeb trying it out at the Capital FM Summertime Ball. And when I say "trying it out", I mean trying to make it work...but horribly failing. Sorry, I love you Rita Ora, but this looks like an outfit you'd see someone wearing while standing on the corner of a street in Vegas. 

Getty Images
What do you guys think of these looks? Let me know in the comments below!


Xoxo, Bianca


Follow Me On:
Twitter ♥
Instagram ♥
Tumblr ♥
Pinterest ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment